1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
I'm sure there was something, I'm just not sure what it was. Hmmm… have a car accident in Canada? I didn't *want* to do that, though. I also had 2 Sleep Studies done – never had one of those before. But, that's also something I didn't actively set out to do.
2. Did you keep your New Years' Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any, and I doubt I will this year either.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No humans, but two animals. Topher (hedgehog) passed on October 8, and we had to have my 18yr old cat, Windy, put to sleep on NYE. 🙁
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada. Went to Toronto in July & September.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
More money & less knee pain!
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 11/12; Record-setting snowfall in our area
March 20/21; Random snowstorm/Matt Good concert
May 23; Final episode of LOST – FINALLY FREE!
October 8; Surgery
December 31; Having to put Windy to sleep.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I'm not sure.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I failed spectacularly at anything, so I'm going with nothing.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yup. Injury is a yearly guarantee, thanks to my knees. Also had way too many sinus infections.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new computer. 😀
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Ft. Worth Councilman Joel Burns and organizations like Love Is Louder & Give A Damn.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Names and deeds withheld to protect the innocent. ("The innocent" being me, since this is a public forum and all. 😉 )
14. Where did most of your money go?
1) Medical bills. YUCK!
2) Vacation. WOO HOO!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Vacations. Wonderful, wonderful vacations. Hee. And all the snow we had! 😀
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
"Billionaire" – Travie McCoy feat. Bruno Mars
"Airplanes" – B.o.B feat. Hayley Williams
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Sadder, due to Windy's passing. Otherwise, about the same.
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer. Way too many medical bills this year.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Per family tradition, I had Christmas lunch at IHOP with mom & brother.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Mom (talking). Emily (texting)
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Nope. A few crushes came and went (as they're wont to do), but no love.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I can never, ever list just one. Flashpoint, Castle, Leverage, White Collar, CSI,…and lots more.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate? Hmmmm.. no. Strongly dislike? Yeah. 😉
26. What was the best book you read?
I read quite a few books this year, not sure which was best.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
A new computer.
29. What did you want and not get?
New bedframe. Saving up to get a new one this year though. I'm sure there were other things too.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I only saw 1 at the theater – "Despicable Me" & I loved it.
Movies seen via DVD — either "Rampage" or "Gunless" would get my fave vote.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
I turned 36 on my birthday this year. Don't recall what all I did, but I know I went to the Melting Pot w/mom.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less pain. Being able to walk without hurting would make everything so much better.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
34. What kept you sane?
IM/text/email conversations w/my best friend, Emily.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I dunno, probably marriage equality. After all, equal is equal is equal. There should not be any exceptions to that.
37. Who did you miss?
My best friend, Emily! She's too darned far away! (Hmm, but now that I know Niagara Falls is in Dallas, it should only be a 2 hour drive to visit her! 😉 Hahah)
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't meet many new people this year, so I nominate all the ones I did meet. 😉
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
You never have as much time as you think you have.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shooting stars?
I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now…"
"Airplanes" – B.o.B & Hayley Williams
"Open up your mind and then open up your heart
And you will see that you and me aren't very far apart
'Cause I believe that love is the answer
I believe that love will find the way"
"I Believe" – Blessid Union of Souls