1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Went to New York, saw a show on Broadway.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any, and I doubt I will this year either.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No one close to me, no. But someone I admired & had met a few times did pass away.
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, per usual. 😉 Toronto in July & Vancouver in September.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
More money. Ha. Better health/less pain.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
– Jan 12 – the first day at my current job.
– Mar 29
– Oct 31 – seeing my first musical on Broadway.
– Dec 24/25 – MY FIRST EVER WHITE CHRISTMAS OMG Y’ALL!!!! (I know it’s not the 25th yet, but that snow looks like it’s going to stick. YAY!!!)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a new job. (Well, I technically got the job at end of 2008, but I didn’t find out for sure that I was hired till 2009, so I’m counting it as this year.)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not failure so much as disappointment – being told I don’t qualify for surgery.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yup. My knees are still evil things and keep me in pain on a regular basis.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new camera. I heart it very, very much.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I dunno? No one sticks out in my mind.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Vacations & new camera. I tried not to spend much money other than those, since I am on a lower income than I used to be. 🙁
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
All three of my vacations! WHEEE!! I love travelling, and I miss getting to do it as much as I used to.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
“Man In The Mirror” – Michael Jackson
“Come On Get Higher” – Matt Nathanson
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
About the same
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer. Which is sad, considering this time last year I was in my 9th month of unemployment!!!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I wish I’d been able to do more running around in NYC.. that my knees hadn’t just about killed me.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
I wish I’d spent less time in pain. Evil, evil, evil arthritis!
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Per family tradition, I will be having Christmas lunch at IHOP with mom & brother.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Mom. Emily via texts
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I don’t ever have just one. Ha. Flashpoint, Dollhouse, Chuck, Bones, HIMYM, White Collar, Leverage, and many, many more. Too many. :[
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
I read quite a few books this year, I’m not sure which was the best.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t know that I had one this year. I went through iTunes and looked at all songs I added this year – nothing really jumped out at me.
28. What did you want and get?
A new job!
29. What did you want and not get?
More money. Hahah.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I only went to the movies maybe once or twice this year, so I’m gonna pass on this one.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
I turned 35 this year. I went out to dinner at The Melting Pot, but other than that I didn’t do anything special.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
For my knees to be more stable/in less pain. A bigger paycheck. 😉 Someone else to pay for all my travel. haha
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
34. What kept you sane?
My best friend, Emily.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I dunno, probably marriage equality. After all, equal is equal is equal. There should not be any exceptions to that.
37. Who did you miss?
Emily. She lives too darned far away!!
38. Who was the best new person you met?
The vast majority of the new people I met this year were at my new job.. so I suppose them? Hah.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
All that glitters isn’t gold. Or, to use another cliché, if it seems to good to be true, it probably is.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“So you run, so you hide
Then you watched as they died
They all fell, you could fall too
Or you could sew your wings
And try to fly right through
So give me all your fear,
Throw it all away
Think about the good things,
No matter what they say
We’ll take tomorrow, baby, yeah
One day at a time”