1. What did you do in 2016 that you’d never done before?
Spent an unplanned night in the hospital. Bought a new car on my own credit – no co-signer!
2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope… don’t make any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Several friends had little ones!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
A great aunt recently passed away. Also so many people who were iconic to me (and the world). Too many. 🙁
On the non-human side, my tablet, my PC, and my car ALL died on me.
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year. I’m a slacker.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Money, health, and some sanity.
7. What date from 2017 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Jan 19 – Attended Mariana’s Trench concert w/Emily, including a VIP meet & greet, and a local radio station private show.
June 3 & 4 – Met Haley Atwell & John Cusack at Dallas ComicCon.
Sep 3 – Bought my new car – a purple 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage.
Oct 7 – Hospitalized for dual blood clots.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not dying! (Yeah, it was that kind of year. Nothing great to celebrate.)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not standing up for myself many times I should have.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I learned that I no longer have any cartilage in either of my knees, and that the bones are shifting. I was diagnosed with acute bilateral DVT of the popliteal veins (aka, blood clot behind both knees). My shoulders now slide in and out of joint randomly.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I’m going to go with the new car and the new PC. My new wheels are awesome, and being able to get online is a must. 😉
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I am drawing a blank this year. I’m sure there are people, but I’m being forgetful.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
It’s best for me not to say anything here
14. Where did most of your money go?
BILLS! Medical bills, vet bills, car repairs, then a down payment and car payments, had to buy a new computer…
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Concerts with my best friend. 😀 My pretty pretty new car.
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
“Who Do You Love” & “Good To You” – Mariana’s Trench
“Can’t Stop The Feeling” – Justin Timberlake
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Sadder. It was a hard year
b) thinner or fatter?
Thinner. Woo hoo!!
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer. Again. Too many medical bills/no raise
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Incur medical expenses/go into debt. Meh.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
Opened gifts, watched the newest episode of “Doctor Who”, and got extremely frustrated when my PC died.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
As always – Mom (talking). Emily (texting)
22. Did you fall in love in 2016?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I … strongly dislike some people a lot more than I did.
26. What was the best book you read?
I read a LOT of books in 2016. I loved everything I read by Seanan McGuire. And, well, I loved all the books I read.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Emily intro’d me to Mariana’s Trench. I’m definitely enjoying them.
28. What did you want and get?
A pretty purple car. I didn’t want a new car, but when getting a new one became a necessity, I got the very one I wanted.
29. What did you want and not get?
To travel to Canada. More concerts, more traveling.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Captain America Civil War! 😀
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
42, and I worked. It was a boring birthday, per usual.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less pain, fewer medical bills, a different outcome to the election, less death of beloved icons, and more time with my friends.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Same as always — “Whatever”
34. What kept you sane?
IM/text/email conversations w/my best friend, Emily.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Chris Evans, Tom Hiddleston, Brendan Fletcher
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. Gun control.
37. Who did you miss?
Emily. Way too far away.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn’t meet many new people.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
People really are worse than I imagined. I shouldn’t give everyone the benefit of the doubt.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
As I walk through this wicked world
Searchin’ for light in the darkness of insanity.
I ask myself, is all hope lost?
Is there only pain and hatred, and misery?
And each time I feel like this inside,
There’s one thing I wanna know:
What’s so funny ’bout peace love & understanding? Ohhhh
What’s so funny ’bout peace love & understanding?