It’s time for a little annual tradition! And I’m actually getting it done on time, unlike last year. Haha.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
Go back to school, and actually maintain an excellent gpa.
2. Did you keep your New Years’ Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t make any this year. I am still undecided on if I’ll make them for 2009 or not.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yup! My friend Shannon did.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Nana passed away in April. Even though he’s not human, I’m putting him on here – one of our dogs did in August.
5. What countries did you visit?
Canada, as usual. 😉
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
A job!!!! One that’s good paying, with good benefits, and all that fun stuff.
7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
– March 31st. My last day of work at Comp, after 9.5 years.
– The entire week of Aug 3-10 because of my first trip to Vancouver, and I got to go with my best friend and we had an amazing time.
– November 4 – for obvious reasons, I’m sure.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my Certificate of Accounting, and maintaining a 4.0 in that class!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Ummm. Not booking early enough to be able to get my tattoo on my birthday? 😉 I dunno.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yup. My knees are still evil things and keep me in pain on a regular basis.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I would say an education, but I didn’t pay for it. 😉
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I’m not sure. Maybe the company that bought CompUSA to liquidate it. (See next question for why they did good.)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The last CEO of CompUSA. Why? Because he is made of fail, and didn’t bother to negotiate severance packages into the sale price of the company to a liquidator (since, you know, he had his golden umbrella and was getting paid no matter what). A lot of high-up people threatened to walk, and the liquidators stepped up and took a loss on the sale so they could provide us with some severance. Even though the packages were very small – it was more than they’d been required to give us.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Vacations. I tried not to spend much money other than those, since I am on a lower income.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My Vancouver Vacation!! WHEEE!!
16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
“Bleeding Love” – Leona Lewis
“Don’t Call Me Baby” – Kreesha Turner
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
I’m not sure.
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same.
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer. But that’s to be expected since I’ve been on unemployment most of the year.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
I can’t really pick one thing. There are lots of things that come to mind, but none stand out more than others, this year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Be jobless! 😉
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
At IHOP with mom & brother. We used to always spend it at Bennigan’s, but since they closed down this year..
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2008?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I can never answer with just one — Flashpoint, Pushing Daisies, Chuck, Bones, HIMYM, Eli Stone, In Plain Sight, Burn Notice,… I’ll stop there, even though I could go on.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hmmm… no one I can think of?
26. What was the best book you read?
I read a LOT this year. I’ve really enjoyed everything by PC Cast that I’ve gotten my hands on. (I’ve read all of the House of Night series, as well as Partholon, and am in the Goddess Summoning books now.) I’m currently reading the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs, and I’m liking it quite a bit.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Re-finding a musician I used to love – Shane Mack (aka Shane McAnally)
28. What did you want and get?
The WIA program to pay for my school.
29. What did you want and not get?
Someone to come up to me out of the blue and say “You want a job? Here – this one has amazing benefits and a great team of people, and you’ll love it.” (As opposed to me having to do the looking.)
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Mamma Mia! (I think I only went to the movies, like, twice.)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
I turned 34 this year. Emily and I went to Vancouver for my birthday, and spent the week there. I was supposed to get a special tattoo on my birthday (to commemorate the 08/08/08) but I wasn’t able to get in with a tattoo artist I wanted. Oh well.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a job!!!!
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
I don’t think I have a concept.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hugh Dillon! Brendan Fletcher. Lee Pace. Mmmm.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
37. Who did you miss?
Emily, because she’s so far away.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
My classmates & teacher.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008:
I need to be around people more than I realized. (Even though, you know, I don’t really like people in general.)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
It’s an oldie, but it fits.
I can’t get to sleep,
I think about the implications
Of diving in too deep
And possibly the complications.
Especially at night,
I worry over situations that
I know will be alright;
It’s just overkill