I’m a little bit late, but it’s time for an annual tradition for me:
The 2007 Year in Review Survey
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Get laid off? Okay, not entirely true — I’ve been through a lay off before. But that time, the company was just closing 1 location. This time, we’re closing down completely. So, it’s different but similar?
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Nope and nope.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope – but I have a friend who’s due soon!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Job security!!! Haha. Um. More money.
7. What date from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
There’s a few of ’em this year:
Feb 23 — massive layoff. (more than 50% of corporate staff & closure of 126 of 229 stores)
Oct 31 — flood disaster here at work. *shudders*
Dec 7 — announcement of sale & closure of company.
Dec 17 — Mom’s swearing in to be a US citizen.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I survived the year? Hmm. I don’t know.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Surviving the layoff in February. Hah. That would seem like a good thing – but those folks got better severance packacges than I will! Plus, since I was kept on, I had to do the work of 3 people, instead of just 1. So I had to work extra hard, for no more money, and a crappy severance package. That sounds like I got screwed, to me. 😉
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
When don’t I? Yes I did. The worst of which was probably the knee injury coming home from Toronto in October. OW!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Plane tickets. Umm. Dunno what else?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I’m not sure.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
People at work. Again, as last year, names & deeds withheld.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The SYTYCD tour coming through town! haha. Um. All my vacations.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
“Boston” – Augustana. “Hey There Delilah” – Plain White T’s.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Not sure? Maybe a little sadder, thanks to the whole job front.
b) thinner or fatter?
About the same
c) richer or poorer?
Richer! Both financially and where it really counts, in love and friendship
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Be in pain!
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas the same we we always do – eating out at Bennigan’s with my mom and brother.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
My faves were mostly new tv shows – Chuck, Reaper, & Pushing Daisies.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hmmm. I don’t think so?
26. What was the best book you read?
I read a lot of books in 2007 – finally getting back on the reading wagon. :-$ But I don’t know what my fave was.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t know if I have a “greatest”. But I did discover a lot of music I normally wouldn’t have listened to, and really enjoy.
28. What did you want and get?
Chances to travel to see Emily.
29. What did you want and not get?
LOTS of things.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmmm. Transformers? I’m trying to remember what else I saw. :-$ I don’t go to the movies a lot.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old?
I turned 33 and I spent it in Canada with Emily, at her lake house.
32. What would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having a year with fewer trips to the doctor, for one. A better raise, especially in light of the significantly increased workload.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Boring? I dunno.
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I know there were things that got to me — but I am drawing a blank right now.
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
I don’t think I met many new people.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Being told you’re one of the better/best employees does not always translate into a financial reward.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I’m amazed that I haven’t caved
And I still have faith in myself today, yeah
I’m no stranger to misbehavior
I’ve reframed every single failure