2006 Year in Review Survey
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Got my own window office. Haha. Had 2 Thanksgivings (US & Canadian). Earned enough frequent flyer miles for a free flight (as opposed to last year, where I won 2 free flights). There were quite a few more things, actually. Too many to list.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Partially? And yeah. I might make more. At least extend the ones I did stick to.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
Being pain-free. More money to travel on.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Memorial Day-the first week of June: Emily’s visit down here. Mid-October trip to Canada.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting on a diet, and sticking with it for several months. Holidays always screw with diets.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Having two car accidents in one week. People really need to pay attention when they’re driving and not hit me!!!!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Dislocated arthritic tailbone. Arthritis in my knees flared up very badly. Whiplash from 2 car accidents within 1 week.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
New computer. $31 plane ticket (aka, redeemed frequent flyer miles).
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I don’t know. I thought about this for a while, but I can’t come up with anyone. I’m sure someone did, but my brain just doesn’t work.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A few people at work. Names and deeds withheld.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Doctors, car repairs, and vacations.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Getting to show Emily around when she came to visit me. Spending extra time in Niagara. Canadian Thanksgiving with her family.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Sunset Blvd – Scott Grimes
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? mostly happier, I think.
b) thinner or fatter? thinner
c) richer or poorer? poorer. Sobs. Or maybe the same.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spend time with Emily. Concerts. Travel. Oh how I miss road trips.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Be in so much damn pain. Be in car accidents.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With my mom & brother at a restaurant, then the brother will come over to exchange gifts.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Most likely my mom. And a good bit of time with Emily, as well.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
House, Lost, Heroes, So You Think You Can Dance, Studio 60, ER
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No one I can think of? I’ve been working on forgiveness, so I probably hate less this year than last.
26. What was the best book you read?
Tideland (but to be honest, I didn’t do a lot of reading this year)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Hmm. A new computer. Emily to come here. To get to go to Canada again. Quite a few things, actually. 🙂
29. What did you want and not get?
Less pain!!!!! Bigger raise. Fewer medical bills.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Most of my movie-watching was done via Netflix, so most were “older” movies. And I watched too many to remember which my favorite was. Ha.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Worked yet again. Got beautiful flowers from my best friend. 32.
32.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
No car accidents. Stupid idiots need to learn to drive. No accidents &/or no repairs would have meant a lot more money for travel.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Politics depress me.
37. Who did you miss?
Emily. In physical proximity, anyway.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
People can surprise you, in good ways.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
And the white line’s getting longer
And the saddle’s getting cold
I’m much too young to feel this damn old
All my cards are on the table with no ace left in the hole
I’m much too young to feel this damn old
Lord, I’m much too young to feel this damn old
Sick and tired of being sick and tired.
Everything around you’s growin’ old.
The days drag on, the nights last forever,
Every day’s tougher just to keep it together.
Forget everything you’ve ever known,
Except for home.